eating while pregnant

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

jeudi 25 novembre 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!

Posted on 08:01 by Unknown

Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays. It is a time for family togetherness and reflection upon our many blessings. Recently, the Wall Street Journal ran an article about how those individual who express gratitude are healthier, happier and wiser than those who spend a great deal of energy griping.

So as I am about to head home following a busy Thanksgiving morning at Dominion, I would like to take a moment to express my own gratitude before I stuff my face with turkey and all the other yummy food at home!

I am thankful for my wife and my family.
It is always a blessing to share every day with my wife and kids. Some days perhaps a little less so....It has been a stressful year as a member of the sandwich generation but all the Gordons are hanging in there pretty well at present. My Mom is doing just amazingly well and at 87 she is completely in control of her mental faculties. My Dad can now see the dashboard of his car after eye surgery which gives one pause to consider that he was zooming around Boston without reasonable visual acuity.


I am thankful for my career and for my patients.
Our former pastor at National Presbyterian Church, Craig Barnes, often preached on grace and the meaning of life. His message was that we are here to be a blessing to others and to give glory to God. I am blessed to have a job where every day I can go to work hopeful that I can be a blessing to others and make a difference in their lives. Hopefully, that difference will include success with fertility treatment but if not then I hope to be a source of comfort and support to those whose lives may take a different path than the one that they anticipated.

I am thankful for our country.
We live in an amazing nation, blessed with natural resources and with a system of government that allows for open discourse and free elections. Hard to imagine living under a different system or in a country with much more limited resources without acknowledging our gratitude for the United States. Last night at Union Station my 7 year old spontaneously started singing the Star Spangled Banner. Although her older sister was totally horrified and moved away, I could tell that many of the travelers surrounding us were moved by her small voice lifting up those well-known words motivated by nothing more than spontaneity.

Wishing you all the best on Turkey Day 2011!
Envoyer par e-mailBlogThis!Partager sur XPartager sur Facebook
Posted in | No comments
Article plus récent Article plus ancien Accueil

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Inscription à : Publier les commentaires (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • Going to Blast!
    “Going to blast” is different than “having a blast.” When your RE talks about going to blast he/she is referring to the stage of embryo deve...
  • To Freeze or Not to Freeze...
    The previous post discussed egg freezing which is a much more difficult technique compared with embryo freezing which has a much longer, pro...
  • You say tow-mah-tow and I say tow-may-tow
    I agree that the medical profession has too many abbreviations and that it is hard to know how to act knowledgeable in front of your RE. So ...
  • Speaking the Truth with Love
    I was not one of the cool kids in high school. Part of this was because I was, more or less, a "goody-two shoes" and gave my paren...
  • Mistaken Identity
    Writing a book is a very interesting proposition and there some ups and downs along the way. When Mike (Dr. DiMattina) and I started the pro...
  • Question 30. Is there anything my husband can do to improve his sperm count, such as wearing boxers not briefs, taking vitamins or undergoing surgery?
    As we approach the all-star break in the MLB season (Go Red Sox!) I would like to present a theory I have about guys and their resistance t...
  • More on Donor Eggs
    It helps to read the instructions…carefully. This afternoon I was helping my son, Aaron, assemble a new baseball pitchback that he received ...
  • HSG vs HSC vs H2O sono...What is the difference?
    Medical terminology can really give patients fits and no where is this more apparent than in the distinctions between hysterosalpingogram (H...
  • Question 25. I have PCOS and am still not having normal cycles with metformin. What comes next
    PCOS is not at all an uncommon problem in our fertility practice. Although many OB GYN physicians advertise that they treat infertility, som...
  • Natural Cycle IVF, OHSS and Multiples
    Happy New Year to all those wonderful people out in cyberspace who read this blog. Mom, check your mail for the family calendar that I sent ...

Blog Archive

  • ►  2014 (10)
    • ►  juillet (1)
    • ►  juin (1)
    • ►  mai (1)
    • ►  avril (1)
    • ►  mars (1)
    • ►  février (2)
    • ►  janvier (3)
  • ►  2013 (14)
    • ►  décembre (1)
    • ►  novembre (1)
    • ►  octobre (1)
    • ►  septembre (1)
    • ►  août (1)
    • ►  juillet (1)
    • ►  juin (1)
    • ►  mai (1)
    • ►  avril (1)
    • ►  mars (2)
    • ►  février (1)
    • ►  janvier (2)
  • ►  2012 (30)
    • ►  décembre (2)
    • ►  novembre (1)
    • ►  octobre (3)
    • ►  septembre (1)
    • ►  août (2)
    • ►  juillet (2)
    • ►  juin (3)
    • ►  mai (2)
    • ►  avril (2)
    • ►  mars (3)
    • ►  février (6)
    • ►  janvier (3)
  • ►  2011 (28)
    • ►  décembre (2)
    • ►  novembre (3)
    • ►  octobre (1)
    • ►  septembre (2)
    • ►  juillet (3)
    • ►  juin (2)
    • ►  mai (2)
    • ►  avril (3)
    • ►  mars (5)
    • ►  février (3)
    • ►  janvier (2)
  • ▼  2010 (52)
    • ►  décembre (2)
    • ▼  novembre (6)
      • Happy Thanksgiving!
      • Natural Cycle IVF. Part 3: It Works
      • Natural Cycle IVF. Part 2: Patient Interest
      • Natural Cycle IVF. Part 1: History
      • Happy Belated Halloween
      • ASRM Update #4: Natural Cycle IVF
    • ►  octobre (5)
    • ►  septembre (4)
    • ►  août (1)
    • ►  juillet (4)
    • ►  juin (3)
    • ►  mai (4)
    • ►  avril (9)
    • ►  mars (13)
    • ►  janvier (1)
  • ►  2009 (22)
    • ►  novembre (1)
    • ►  octobre (2)
    • ►  septembre (2)
    • ►  août (2)
    • ►  juillet (4)
    • ►  mai (2)
    • ►  avril (1)
    • ►  mars (3)
    • ►  février (2)
    • ►  janvier (3)
  • ►  2008 (27)
    • ►  décembre (2)
    • ►  novembre (1)
    • ►  octobre (3)
    • ►  septembre (6)
    • ►  juillet (1)
    • ►  juin (2)
    • ►  mai (3)
    • ►  avril (2)
    • ►  mars (1)
    • ►  février (2)
    • ►  janvier (4)
  • ►  2007 (66)
    • ►  décembre (1)
    • ►  novembre (5)
    • ►  octobre (6)
    • ►  septembre (7)
    • ►  août (11)
    • ►  juillet (13)
    • ►  juin (22)
    • ►  mai (1)
Fourni par Blogger.

Qui êtes-vous ?

Unknown
Afficher mon profil complet