eating while pregnant

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

mercredi 2 avril 2014

Salon.com got it right. DrG at Dominion Fertility agrees.

Posted on 08:00 by Unknown
Over a decade ago I received an odd email from the folks at Salon.com. They had seen my book: Obstetrics, Gynecology and Infertility: Handbook for Clinicians and were hoping that I would serve as the medical professional on a team of editors that was working on a book that Salon.com would publish. Seemed like a chance to make sure that the public got appropriate medical advice in terms of reproductive health so I tentatively agreed. "Just send me a list of the chapters so I can make my final decision," I requested.

Now I guess that at the time I was a bit naive about the interests of the target audience and basically thought that the book would just be about typical REI stuff....wrong. With chapters like "How to make sure that your sex toys don't transmit STDs" I realized immediately that I was way out of my little Presbyterian, Eagle Scout comfort zone. So I ended up begging off the project and handing it off to a recent graduate of the Ob Gyn residency program who was a little more up to speed on the whole subject of "marital aids"  and other topics that still make me blush.

Since that failed project I have honestly never been back to the Salon.com website...until recently. This week Dr. Reh shared with me a story circulated on social media concerning the recently released CDC ART Clinic Data (link to Salon.com blog). IMHO, the article is pretty on target . The story addresses the whole issue of patient selection by ART Clinics and the limitations that SART attempts to place on clinic advertising that are rarely followed (in our opinion).

In 2007 when we started the NC IVF program we realized that by offering NC IVF we would totally destroy our "rankings" based upon the CDC reporting requirements. But we believed that it was the right decision to offer NC IVF and now thousands of cycles later we stand by that decision. Our experiences with NC IVF have also markedly changed our view of the low responding or poor prognosis IVF patient.  So check out this blog on Salon.com and maybe you can even find answers to some of those questions that still make DrG blush....


Envoyer par e-mailBlogThis!Partager sur XPartager sur Facebook
Posted in | No comments
Article plus récent Article plus ancien Accueil

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Inscription à : Publier les commentaires (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • Going to Blast!
    “Going to blast” is different than “having a blast.” When your RE talks about going to blast he/she is referring to the stage of embryo deve...
  • To Freeze or Not to Freeze...
    The previous post discussed egg freezing which is a much more difficult technique compared with embryo freezing which has a much longer, pro...
  • You say tow-mah-tow and I say tow-may-tow
    I agree that the medical profession has too many abbreviations and that it is hard to know how to act knowledgeable in front of your RE. So ...
  • Speaking the Truth with Love
    I was not one of the cool kids in high school. Part of this was because I was, more or less, a "goody-two shoes" and gave my paren...
  • Mistaken Identity
    Writing a book is a very interesting proposition and there some ups and downs along the way. When Mike (Dr. DiMattina) and I started the pro...
  • Question 30. Is there anything my husband can do to improve his sperm count, such as wearing boxers not briefs, taking vitamins or undergoing surgery?
    As we approach the all-star break in the MLB season (Go Red Sox!) I would like to present a theory I have about guys and their resistance t...
  • More on Donor Eggs
    It helps to read the instructions…carefully. This afternoon I was helping my son, Aaron, assemble a new baseball pitchback that he received ...
  • HSG vs HSC vs H2O sono...What is the difference?
    Medical terminology can really give patients fits and no where is this more apparent than in the distinctions between hysterosalpingogram (H...
  • Question 25. I have PCOS and am still not having normal cycles with metformin. What comes next
    PCOS is not at all an uncommon problem in our fertility practice. Although many OB GYN physicians advertise that they treat infertility, som...
  • Natural Cycle IVF, OHSS and Multiples
    Happy New Year to all those wonderful people out in cyberspace who read this blog. Mom, check your mail for the family calendar that I sent ...

Blog Archive

  • ▼  2014 (10)
    • ►  juillet (1)
    • ►  juin (1)
    • ►  mai (1)
    • ▼  avril (1)
      • Salon.com got it right. DrG at Dominion Fertility ...
    • ►  mars (1)
    • ►  février (2)
    • ►  janvier (3)
  • ►  2013 (14)
    • ►  décembre (1)
    • ►  novembre (1)
    • ►  octobre (1)
    • ►  septembre (1)
    • ►  août (1)
    • ►  juillet (1)
    • ►  juin (1)
    • ►  mai (1)
    • ►  avril (1)
    • ►  mars (2)
    • ►  février (1)
    • ►  janvier (2)
  • ►  2012 (30)
    • ►  décembre (2)
    • ►  novembre (1)
    • ►  octobre (3)
    • ►  septembre (1)
    • ►  août (2)
    • ►  juillet (2)
    • ►  juin (3)
    • ►  mai (2)
    • ►  avril (2)
    • ►  mars (3)
    • ►  février (6)
    • ►  janvier (3)
  • ►  2011 (28)
    • ►  décembre (2)
    • ►  novembre (3)
    • ►  octobre (1)
    • ►  septembre (2)
    • ►  juillet (3)
    • ►  juin (2)
    • ►  mai (2)
    • ►  avril (3)
    • ►  mars (5)
    • ►  février (3)
    • ►  janvier (2)
  • ►  2010 (52)
    • ►  décembre (2)
    • ►  novembre (6)
    • ►  octobre (5)
    • ►  septembre (4)
    • ►  août (1)
    • ►  juillet (4)
    • ►  juin (3)
    • ►  mai (4)
    • ►  avril (9)
    • ►  mars (13)
    • ►  janvier (1)
  • ►  2009 (22)
    • ►  novembre (1)
    • ►  octobre (2)
    • ►  septembre (2)
    • ►  août (2)
    • ►  juillet (4)
    • ►  mai (2)
    • ►  avril (1)
    • ►  mars (3)
    • ►  février (2)
    • ►  janvier (3)
  • ►  2008 (27)
    • ►  décembre (2)
    • ►  novembre (1)
    • ►  octobre (3)
    • ►  septembre (6)
    • ►  juillet (1)
    • ►  juin (2)
    • ►  mai (3)
    • ►  avril (2)
    • ►  mars (1)
    • ►  février (2)
    • ►  janvier (4)
  • ►  2007 (66)
    • ►  décembre (1)
    • ►  novembre (5)
    • ►  octobre (6)
    • ►  septembre (7)
    • ►  août (11)
    • ►  juillet (13)
    • ►  juin (22)
    • ►  mai (1)
Fourni par Blogger.

Qui êtes-vous ?

Unknown
Afficher mon profil complet